Friday, August 5, 2011

watching Kalia

It always amazes me to watch Kalia take care of her baby doll.  She watches mommies, and not just me.  I see her do things in a very particular way with lots of miming.  She mimes buckling straps and putting on clothes as well as feeding.  This is a common sight:

The baby up on the shoulder.


Checking for a smile.


I know the framing is horrible, but that grin is awesome.


We went on a five minute walk to get the mail but it stretched to twenty minutes coming home.  Kalia had to stop her stroller, pick up her baby, put baby to her shoulder and pat her bum EVERY ten feet.  When I asked her what she was doing she told me she was "keeping baby doll safe."


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so cute how much "mommy-ing" is in them? Kaylee and I were walking to my mom's for a family dinner, and she insisted that she needed to bring baby in the stroller. She had a doll, in the doll stroller, had to grab her purse, sunglasses and keys, before we could leave. :)

    ReplyDelete