This summer we've had a few adventures to the pool. Though most of the time we're all getting wet and don't bring a camera. Since Amalyn was napping and Tristan took Kalia I decided to run over and snap some pictures of our budding fish.
The beginning of the summer Kalia would flip out in the bathtub when we washed her hair. She didn't like getting water in her ears or eyes. When I took her to the pools she wouldn't venture from the steps except to jump from the side into my arms. She took a few falls into the water and seemed to recover from them. Not once did she insist on going home after an accidental dunking. Miraculously she managed not to swallow water. I think that was a big part in getting back in the water. She hasn't had a truly scary moment in the water.
Progressively, as we've visited more and more Kalia has gotten more comfortable floating in the water. She no longer clings to my neck but will float and kick. I was worried she'd never get comfortable in the water and pick up my reservations. (I don't like deep water, or submerging my face) I'm thinking next year we'll definitely start lessons.





No comments:
Post a Comment