We decided to split a beach house with friends for Spring Break in Charleston this year. Tristan tried to make the most of the trip with a bunch of interviews and meetings. We didn't see him as much as we would have like to, but staying a block from the beach was amazing! We stayed in a three bedroom house that is oodles larger than our apartment. The girls were thrilled to have so much space, especially after 11 hrs in the car. There was a screened in porch that had two sliding doors making it possible to actually run in circles, and run in circles they did. We took the master suite and stuck the girls in the huge closet. I would love this house to be my next!
It totally cracked me up one morning when I went to get Amalyn up I found Kalia still asleep, though apparently BabyDoll had taken over the bed. I found it hilarious.
Heading out to the beach. It was a perfect day to go! Amalyn was a little grumpy and scared of the water but Kalia LOVED it all! Too bad her mama isn't brave enough... I'm sure that will change, given some time. :)
Best use for bucket.
Another adventure: Crabbing. You actually buy meat at the store labeled "crabbing meat." Tristan loved it, but the girls weren't so impressed. Mainly because they were restricted to the stroller. We didn't stay long, but they did manage to catch one.
Our little crab buddy. He was released later that night.
They boys loved it so much they went back a few days later sans children. They had much more success, though there were a few losses. We tried to cook the little guys but they were underdone and we didn't actually eat them. But they didn't die in vain! It was a practice run and valuable knowledge was gained from the experience.







ohhh! That looks like so much fun!
ReplyDelete