Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spooky

Yesterday Amalyn's naps were pretty much nonexistent.  When I did finally get her put down I was praying it wouldn't translate into a sleepless night for all based on the truths of one: sleep begets sleep and two: a sleepless baby will continue to be sleepless.  Hallelujah!  She slept until 7:30 this morning! Huzzah!  Now if 7:30 becomes the new wake time, this momma would be thrilled.  I'd be thrilled even more if the resident toddler would also sleep through the night.  She came in about 12:45 and 1am.  It's sort of spooky.  You're asleep when suddenly you hear a soft little voice right by your ear "mommy?"  She's soundlessly escaped the bed and opened both her door and mine without a sound.  I guess it's nice that she doesn't have to scream everyone awake to have me come get her out of the crib, but its a bit nerve-wracking that she can leave at will.  Now that the doors are no longer a security she's got the run of the house.  I feel slightly worried she'll take off out the front door mid night, but that will only last as long as she can't reach to unlock the dead bolt.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Amalyn, (and certainly you as well)!! Maybe the little heart to heart I had with her last night helped, haha! ;) Perhaps next time I will try to get Kalia in on the conversation!

    ReplyDelete