
It's been nice and stormy this spring. I took Kalia outside after her nap with a pin wheel and discovered we had worms all over our sidewalks. We shifted gears and started talking about what worms are, where they live, why they were on the side walk. Then we moved the worms back to the dirt to go home. At first Kalia walked away and loudly protested when I tried to hand her one. She did think it was ok for mommy to pick up the worm. After we rescued three or four and watched them burrow into the grass, I did manage to get her to hold one. She was very gentle and placed it in the grass. Her bravery was short lived as the next time I tried to have her hold one, she dropped it and told me "mommy's" and "there" "grass." She did enjoy watching the worms and wanted to find more.
No comments:
Post a Comment