I love the opportunity holidays bring for learning about history, culture, and just plain ol' fun. I've been particularly excited since I started researching. First it started on allrecipes.com looking at traditional and fun things to eat for Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's day. I started planning. We had red beans and rice with cornmeal, salad and beignets for dessert. I had big ideas of activities to do with Kalia that will have to wait until next year. For St. Patrick's Day we had corned beef with mashed potatoes. I got really excited and made Leprechaun footprints and gold coins as a surprise for Kalia. However, she woke up at 5 am throwing up so I put away the chocolate. She wasn't really in the mood to ask about the footprints so I'll try again next year. I did take pictures after to document the attempt (though not of Kalia being sick). Happy Patty's Day.
poor Kalia! I was doing that too! Got the stomach flue that night.
ReplyDeleteCute with the footprints!