I have to brag about my husband just for a minute. He really outdid himself this year. I LOVED my birthday this year. I've had so many where I get nice things, pretty cards, lots of birthday wishes and I feel pretty good about myself but this year he made me feel extra special. This whole quarter he's talked about how busy he is. He missed the first three days of the quarter and had a sick day so I was completely surprised when he announced that he'd taken my birthday off to spend time with me. He also gave me the book "The Five Languages of Love" and a special notebook. We've been talking about getting that book for months and I was pretty excited to finally be able to read it. I took the quiz and found my love language is Time, but my smart husband already knew that. So part one of birthday was time, part two was the book, part three was lunch. He arranged for a babysitter and took me to Benihana's for lunch (granted I'd joined their birthday club and received a free meal). The chef was awesome to watch, the food was delicious and full of new flavors, and they really know how to treat you for your birthday. I wasn't the only one celebrating. We heard them sing Happy Birthday (English and Japanese) to four other people while we were there. There was another lady at our table who's birthday was last week and a couple with their son (no birthday). The guy picked up the check for the entire table! I want to be able to do that some day! Definitely a pay it forward moment for me. So we both ate free. Nothing is better than that. I didn't stop smiling the whole day I was so happy! We picked up our girls and spent the rest of the day at home. I decided to make myself a chocolate cake (it didn't work quite the way I'd hoped, but it was a first attempt) and watch Bones with my honey. Perfect.

So fun! The group at your table looks like some fun people.
ReplyDelete