Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring what?

This past week was Tristan's break from school and I just want to say, "I WANNA REFUND!"  I demand not a refund of money, but of time.  This week was not what we expected it to be.  Not that anything horrible happened it's just that we didn't see much of the much missed daddy.  I was so hoping to have so much more hang out time.  I'm grateful for a husband that is so willing to help others.  He moved two families, helped a friend put in flooring, and attended a business conference designed for practicing dentists.  I think the information he got there was most valuable,  but we sure missed you.  I guess it's my own fault for not having every minute of our time together planned so he'd have no choice but to stick with us.  I just hope we can pull it all together and get back in to things for the horribly busy quarter with studying for boards heaped on top.  I think we'll be lucky if we see him at all... Sigh.  All in hopes of having a happy future.

Sorry to be so whiny.  We did have some fun.  We spent time together walking and shopping.  We even visited the zoo.  We're going to have to remember our camera the next time we go see the animals.  Kalia gets pretty excited.  She makes faces and points and the animals.  She's started making different animal noises.  Tristan told her the red panda made a clicking noise (he demonstrated) and she did it back to him!  It's mating season and all the geese were announcing it.  We arrived to have lunch by the large pond at the entrance and waited for our friends to arrive.  While we were eating some geese put on quite the show.  Kalia was talking back to them and pointing excitedly.  Luckily the birds didn't notice our food, so we were pretty safe.  The zoo was definitely a high point of the week.

We also headed to one of the malls.  We'd received a gift card for Christmas to JC Penny that we'd been debating back and forth what to buy.  We finally spent it on.... Kalia.  Of course.  We bought her a princess worthy Easter dress.  I can't believe she fits a 2T!  Of course it's a bit big and we wanted her to be able to wear it for a while.  But still... I think we should have been moving through dress sizes a bit faster.  12 month fit like shirts and barely cover her diaper.  For the most part she's wearing 18 month for dresses, but 12 month in everything else.  I'm hoping to take pictures and post them soon.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way after Jordan's week of spring break was over. Even when school's at a break, the rest of life isn't. Hang in there sweetie! And I love the look of your blog! Very happy for comments!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete