Monday, March 15, 2010

Some thoughts and pictures


I decided the best way to blog is to upload my pictures.  Of course it is remarkably one subject so I will have to remember to supplement with commentary from the rest of us to add to the star of the show, Kalia.  

Kalia and I headed to the local science center with our friends to enjoy some exploration into the world of water.  Kalia loved that she was tall enough to stand at the table and splash.  She loved playing with the purple foam balls.  Though I would cringe each time she'd put it in her mouth thinking about all the other kids that had touched/licked it.  But she's healthy so it didn't hurt her.

For my birthday some friends gave me a couple of balloons.  We had a lot of fun playing with them.   I was impressed how long they lasted.  By the time Tristan popped them Kalia was starting to call them "baw" or balls.  She was determined to hold them both at the same time.  I introduced her to the world of static electricity by rubbing her hair to make the balloon stick.  We did the same thing to the cat.  I think Kalia enjoyed the balloons a lot more than Saphira.


Kalia had a friend come visit her.  He had a rough time at first but soon they were playing a sock swap game followed by the sippy switch.  These two play give and take really well.  Luckily (for now) no one gets upset.

I love to get pictures of Kalia playing.  Much of the time she finds me and the camera more interesting and forgets her game or toys.  I find myself holding the shutter button half closed to try and speed up the camera and catch the more fleeting moments.  However,  Kalia realized a small orange light would show up and became quite distracted.  She was trying to pick up the light.  She does the same thing with our laser pointer.  I don't know who is more amused, me or her.




Aren't these curls adorable!  We got caught in a small rainstorm and her hair just curled up.  She wasn't sure what was happening, since the last time she got rained on she was about 6 months old.  Not exactly a memory she has.  I thought her looks of surprise we so fun, but the camera didn't come out until we were inside.  I guess those mental snapshots will join many others.

Tristan's been working really hard the last week to prepare for finals this week.  We didn't see much of him but treasured those moments between reviewing lectures.  During those times he'd chase a squealing Kalia around the couch and coffee table.  She's getting pretty fast.  when he catches up to her she gets so excited her body just shakes.  I love watching them.  We've also been trying to get her to take a few steps on her own.  We try to get her to walk back and forth between us.  She'll take a step or two then fall forward giggling as she's caught.  It's become a favorite game.

I've been spending my time chasing after Kalia between naps.  Most days I need a nap too.  I've read some good books recently.  I put a lot of energy into to meals.  It takes so much to decide what to eat.  Either I can't eat anything or everything sounds good.  That's my biggest chore right now.  I can't wait for my appetite to stabilize somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment