Last night was our date swap. We watched, but due to abnormal scheduling it was just me and the kids until Tristan got home. I was trying to placate the downstairs neighbors and the children by reading some books. One of the books we've checked out from the library is called The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen. It's a cute little book about a grumpy fish. It's really well written and very fun to read with the flow of the language. All of the Pout-Pout Fish's friends try to get him to cheer up, but he claims it's just the way he is. At the end of the book a sleek silver fish swims up and gives him a kiss. He decides he's a Kiss-Kiss Fish now and gives all those friends that had tried to help kisses. I turn to my right and give Amalyn a kiss on the cheek. Kalia, sitting next to Amalyn, jumps up to give Kent a smootch and promptly follows it with "Mama! We got married! We went to the temple and got married!" They commence to go play "getting married at the temple." I start getting kids put down for bed and I come back into the room to find Kalia with a blanket on her head as her veil.
This morning she continued "Kent was the husband and I was the wife and we got married in the temple last night. He's the king and I'm the queen now." She also gives these huge grins when she hears me retelling the story to other people. I love my Kalia-girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment