Tristan wanted to do something exciting on his day off, so we packed a lunch and headed to the DMV. He waited in the car with the girls while I finished up the month long process to get our plates changed. That was a nightmare in and of itself. When I finished we headed over to search out more touristy things. We found the Angel Oak tree. This tree is massive. The signs around it estimate the age of the Live Oak to be about 300 years old. It was amazing to see.
After Angel Oak we headed over to the mall to have Kalia's hair cut as part of JCPenny's back to school deal. We're chatting in the car when we notice a burning smell coming from our car. We stop for a potty break and the driver's side starts smoking from around the tire. Turns out it was a break issue and we spent the rest of the day, and $300 to fix the front breaks. It was a much more eventful and emotional day than I could convey in words.
The following day we decided to 'take two' since it was a second day off and explore the antique shops downtown. The shops are amazing! Furniture from the 1700's in beautiful condition (with the price to go with it). I really enjoyed looking at the beautiful pieces and trying to remember the interior design info from my college classes about the styles. The girls were pretty good sports. We went into lots of shops and they didn't mind. The liked the honey store since they had samples. They also had a little playroom and education center for little tikes. I love walking the streets of Charleston and all the history there. The churches are amazing and we walked through a cemetery with head stones nestled in trees and winding walkways. We ended the day with a visit to the beach.

No comments:
Post a Comment