Sunday June 3, 2012
It's been a long four years and somewhat surreal that it's ending. In the six years of our marriage, more than half of it has been here, Ohio. We've met so many people Each year at this time a group would move on to whatever adventure awaited. We would talk about when we graduated but it seemed too distant to be real. Now we are standing at that same threshold, ready to plunge into the next chapter. We bid farewell to close friends and wish them the best of luck, knowing that the world is small, hoping to cross paths sometime in the future. So on this sunny morning we dressed, attended church, ate lunch and drove to campus. Once we parked we walked a few blocks to the event center. Outside there were large tents set up with treats on tables for the reception immediately following. Tristan headed one way and the girls, Grandma and Grandpa, and I headed inside. We sat in the balcony since we were running late.
"Please, oh please, let me out of here!"
"It hasn't started yet, Kalia."
"NOOOOO!"
The girls tried to be patient but we had quite the wait, followed by a long meeting. Kalia and Amalyn had Grandma and Grandpa to help entertain them, but I still ended on taking Kalia out twice and Amalyn once. Combine that with running down to get pictures, I hardly sat in my seat. I'm getting ahead of myself. The ceremony was well put together and I particularly enjoyed the comments from the Dean. He recognized the families of the dental students, in turn, including grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and spouses.
Faculty and staff sat on the stage. The graduates were sitting in the center of the lower level.
All I got was this blurry shot. Talk about disappointing. But it matches the shot I took at his undergrad. History does repeat itself.
Walking down off the stage. I had Kalia-girl with me. She waved to her daddy before we headed back to our seats up top.
Outside at the reception.
She now will call out "cheese" anytime she sees a camera.
You did it! Yay!
Might you be wiser after years of schooling? Tristan ponders the question.
I'm gonna punch ya if you take one more picture of me!
Well, almost. Of course we just missed the shot.
The "Original" study group. Prestwich, Talbot, Parry, Cameron.
Dental wives. Not to be confused with sister wives. Though in a lot of ways these ladies are my sisters.
One last tour through campus. We hit all the best study areas in the library. You could tell finals were coming up as every nook and corner was claimed.
Who's kid is that?
Penthouse study room
They let him graduate?
Just kidding. I think the wink is sexy.
Congratulations, Honey!





No comments:
Post a Comment