Day two:
We'd planned to go check out the Arboretum but we decided we'd seen enough to get an idea of what the area was like that we headed off the Charleston. We're so glad we did because we LOVED Charleston. After a four hour drive through green forest and "Smoky Mountains" we arrived in Charleston.
I just love how green the roads are. There are SO many trees. This four lane highway feels like back country roads (but wider)
After checking into our hotel, we headed downtown to the French Quarter to check out the old slave market that has been turned into a craft show area and find something to eat. I LOVE the houses in this area. Very stately and just gorgeous. (duh)
The Ocean is on the other side of that wall. We're not sure what it's for, but it's pretty cool looking.
The city holds Tristan's name. It's a sign were meant to be in Charleston! (At this point we're looking for direction anywhere) It fits the man pretty well, though I don't know about the restaurant. As the sign says, "Simple, Modern, Unexpected." I'd say my honey is more traditional, but that's neither here nor there. 

After dinner we walked around to walk off the big meal. I couldn't get enough of the beauty of this city. We got gelato on the way to a famous park featuring the pineapple fountain. Had it been earlier in the day, we might have played in the splash fountains there. The pineapple is a big symbol for the area as well as a palm tree with a crescent moon above it. I'll let the pictures do the talking.









Wow, what a beautiful area! Is this a place you're looking at moving after dental school?
ReplyDelete