During Amalyn's tummy time, Kalia will lay down next to her and stroke her fingers.
Kalia likes to wipe Amalyn's cheek of spit using the burp cloth. She's also very helpful with the pacifier. Though Amalyn's not really sure she wants it, Kalia tries hard to help.
This story needs some background. When Kalia started nursery they introduced this fun little song called "sleeping bunnies." I started doing it at home with her in hopes of making the nursery transition easier for her. The song is to "are you sleeping."
(All the kids lay on the floor and the lights are turned off, sing...)
Sleeping bunnies,
sleeping bunnies,
go to sleep,
go to sleep.
(pause dramatically before turning on the lights and continuing...)
wake up sleeping bunnies,
wake up sleeping bunnies,
hop, hop, hop
hop, hop, hop
(the kids all hop with the words of the last two lines)
Kalia loved playing the game at home, though we didn't turn lights on/off and I wasn't going to hop up and down while 9 months pregnant so we hopped with our hands instead. Now fast forward to last week. We were sitting on the couch together enjoying the bunny book "HOP"(a favorite of Kalia's) and I asked her what rabbits do. Kalia responded with "hop, hop, hop" while doing the action with her hand. She then grabbed Amalyn's hand to hop as well. I thought it was sweet that she's excited to teach her little sister already.
We love our sweet sis.

So precious! I'm so glad Kalia responds so well to Amalyn.
ReplyDelete