Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mom Projects, Applefest, and Cat Games

After talking with a friend about the cute hats for babies I decided to try and come up with my own design.  This was the second attempt.  Kalia is pretty adamant at not wearing anything I've made for her.   The only way I could convince her to wear the hat was to pull out the camera.  Still, a cute shot.

 This is a single crochet ribbon headband.  I thought it turned out really cute, but she pulled it off after the camera clicked. 

Saturday the 11th we took a drive through the Ohio country side to the town of Sidney for their annual Applefest.  This shot was taken in an alleyway near the festivities.  We enjoyed some apple cider slush and bought some to bring home.  I told Tristan we couldn't go to Applefest without tasting apples.



 Kalia and daddy at a small petting zoo at Applefest.  Kalia saw pigs, goats and petted the "hos"with accompanying sound effects.  Her horse sound is awesome.

We noticed this interesting roof over the other buildings and had to drive over to check it out before we left Sidney.  What an awesome house.  We googled it when we got home and found out its history.  It has its own local ghost lore and haunting stories including crying children in the basement and a lone soldier ghost visiting a bride's gown on display on the staircase. Perhaps this is why it stands vacant today.  It can be yours for the low price of 245,000. 

 Giving the baby kisses.  Little sister gets kisses more readily than mommy or daddy.  We aren't jealous.

 Daddy and Kalia love to play together.  Often times Saphira is part of the game.  This particular game was Daddy's idea.  Where's the kitty?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a real haunted mansion right here in Ohio? I love your new skills. I'd love to have you teach me. The hat is adorable! Is it hard? Did you make all those little balls too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make the balls. They're from Amanda Hoyt. Her mom made them. I can't figure out how she did it, either. The hat was pretty simple and I think we might have to have an activity since there are many that would like to learn.

    ReplyDelete