I have two favorite moments to share. First, we were walking through the Midway. It was past Kalia's bedtime. All the lights were on, the music blaring. We look down at the stroller and Kalia is on the edge of the seat bouncing to the music and grinning from ear to ear. "Mama!" she repeats over and over as she points to the right then the left. I wish I could have caught that grin on camera! It was priceless. When I did get the camera out she was still in awe, but it wasn't quite the same.
We enjoyed an elephant ear with strawberries together. As they handed it to me from the booth I hear Kalia's call "Ah Ah!" I don't know how she knew what I was getting was food, but she certainly wasn't going to be left out of consuming it. If we laxed on giving her her share she certainly let us know. "Ah Ah AH AAH!"
I never had the experience of seeing a freak show before coming out East. The only ones I remember seeing in Salt Lake were for the "Largest Horse in the World" or such. But here we saw many. Some were single attractions but one boasted to be the largest. I think they said they had some 30 acts. To try and generate some interest they have one of the participants standing on a platform with the MC before a show. The guy talks up all the unique and amazing things in the show then has a small demonstration. This particular one was a double jointed clown that jumped through a tennis racquet (strings removed). The funniest thing was when he noticed us standing there with our stroller he comments "babies love freaks!" and "our show is family friendly." Uh huh. Interesting. Nothing quite like the fair!

Babies love freaks? lol thats awkward
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to a fair since I was a kid. Sounds like I need to go to one.
ReplyDelete