Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our little 4, no 5, no, 6, well actually almost 7 month old

It's true. She's grown so fast I can hardly keep up with her! Kalia will be 7 months old next week. She's a happy baby. Everyone always comments on her cuteness and how big her smiles are. She will smile at anyone who talks to her. She's also learned some interesting and amusing sounds. She loves making razzing noises, a lateral s (that according to a three year old friend sounds like the cat who had hissed at him when he came over to be babysat), b's and m's. She also yells and whines. We were on one of our mall escapades and I was changing her diaper in the women's room. She's making a huge racket yelling. When we finally found Tristan at the other end of the store he informed me that he'd heard her yelling. She's got a good set of lungs. She likes to yell at home too, often chasing me outside. It's a little more bearable out there. Usually she stops and looks at things, forgetting her desire to yell. When she's nursing or sometimes in the car we get in little conversations of short sounds back and forth. I'll say "hi" or some other short sound and she'll "ugh" back. I get a big kick out of it. Sometimes I can get her to mimic how long the sounds are that I make.

Besides becoming more verbal, she's gaining more muscle control. She can roll completely over from tummy to back to tummy again. Her dad has been trying to encourage her to roll to get things that she wants, namely, the cat. Though Saphira doesn't cooperate most times. Kalia loves her kitty and will try so hard to get her attention. She's getting better at sitting everyday. Today we gave her a book to look at and a pillow on each side. She sat on her own for a while before falling over. She still loves to stand and will resist being put in a sitting position. She's started stepping while standing again. I have actually seen her step on her own when I propped her against the couch. She'll stand holding on to the couch and in her exersauser. I should probably raise the seat so she can't stand flat footed, but I think she enjoys being able to stand. When held, Kalia will turn herself around. If she's facing you, she'll twist to face out and see what's going on. When she wants to eat, she'll twist to face me. It's becoming quite the juggling act to hold her on my lap.

We have been enjoying the new foods. She's a good eater and hasn't outrightly rejected anything. I think she enjoys carrots and applesauce the most. I was trying to make my own baby food but have found that somethings don't puree very easily, especially veggies. Her array of veggies is a little larger than the fruits. I think it'll even out. She's facinated with cheerios. She'll pick one up and study it then try to crush it. When she opens her fist, it'll stick to her hand. She hasn't really realized that they're for eating. Though she's put a few in her mouth. The face she made! I wish I had a picture. I get so excited about feeding her just to see her reactions to the new foods. She gets very focused when she eats bananas. And she just gulps down squash.

I never posted her doctors report from her 6 month appointment. This is from July 29. She weighed 13 pounds five ounces and measured 64 cm long. The tape measure the doctor used was off on the inches, so the measurement was in cm. She's steadily remained on the 25th percentile. Which is good. She's growing how she's supposed to. She got two shots this time, instead of three and took it quite well. She doesn't stay upset very long, which makes me happy. This might have something to do with the tylenol I give her before hand. But I'd much rather have a happy baby. We're scheduled to return in October for her 9 month appointment. Until then We'll keep playing and growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment